Bingham Town Sports Club Rules
Date: 8th February 2009
1. Membership of Bingham Town Sports Club only comes into effect 48 hours after a prospective members nomination or application for membership of the constituent club and their admission to that constituent club
2. On the recommendation of the Committee, Honorary Members may be elected at any general meeting of Bingham Town Sports Club in line with the constituted voting process. Honorary Members may be elected for life or such a period that the Committee deem expedient. They shall be entitled to all the privileges of membership. A period of at least 48 hours shall elapse between the time of the election and the admission to membership. At no time will the proportion of Honorary Members exceed 10% of the total membership.
3. Subject to any bylaws a Member shall be entitled to introduce Guests to the Club provided that no person whose application for constituent club membership has been rejected or who has been suspended or expelled from the Club shall be introduced as a Guest.
4. Guests of the club will be allowed to enjoy all of the services provided at the Butt Field Clubhouse but will not attain any of the other benefits or rights of membership
5. A Member shall not introduce more than four guests on any one occasion and no-one shall be admitted as a Guest more than 12 times in any one calendar year. The Member introducing a Guest shall enter the name and address of the Guest, together with his or her own name, in a book which shall be kept for that purpose on the premises.
6. The Member introducing a Guest shall be responsible for the good conduct and observation of the Rules and bylaws of the Club be such Guest and for any damage to the Club property caused by the Guest.
7. Any persons who are competitors, players, officials or associates participating in sporting activities sponsored or authorized by or on behalf of the Club shall be entitled to the use of the Butt Field Clubhouse on the day of the game(s) and during that day, those who have attained the age of 18 years may purchase and consume alcohol in the Club premises. They shall not however be entitled to any other rights or privileges in connection with the Club.
Provision of Alcohol
8. Alcohol is not supplied, or intended to be supplied, to members on the premises otherwise than by or on behalf of the club
9. The sale of alcohol will be restricted to-
a. Current Members of the club who are aged 18 or over
b. Guests of the club, as identified in Rule 3-6, who are aged 18 or over
10. The purchase of alcohol for the club, and the supply of alcohol by the club, are managed by the Social Committee whose members—
a. are members of the club;
b. have attained the age of 18 years; and
c. are elected annually by the members of the club at the Annual General Meeting
11. The Social Committee will have a minimum of 3 members
12. Nominations to join the Social Committee must be received by the Secretary 14 days prior to the Annual General Meeting and will be voted on in line with the existing Constitution
13. No arrangements are, or are intended to be, made for any person to receive at the expense of the club any commission, percentage or similar payment on, or with reference to, purchases of alcohol by the club
14. No arrangements are, or are intended to be, made for any person directly or indirectly to derive any pecuniary benefit from the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of the club to members or guests, apart from—
a. any benefit accruing to the club as a whole, or
b. any benefit which a person derives indirectly by reason of the supply giving rise or contributing to a general gain from the carrying on of the club
15. The proceeds from the services provided at Butt Field will at all times be owned by Bingham Town Sports Club and will be used only for charitable benevolent purposes